In the last couple of weeks I spent quite a lot of time making an integration with SharePoint 2010 and CRM 2011 work.

From SharePoint I’m adding new leads in Crm using the Crm services. The main problem that I was facing was that every time I tried to access the services I would receive a

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Whatever I did I couldn’t get this to work.

Then my colleague, Chris, found the following article, which explained a lot:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3621

( the Configuring Claims-based Authentication for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 document helped us)

In our Crm environment we configured the External Access method and used this both internally an externally. It worked so we never worried about this in the past.

It looks like this is only becoming a problem when you try to access the services (or maybe I should say by pass the login form)

Configuring an internal access method resolves the issue of not being able to access the services.

To make this work did take quite a lot of time, so hopefully this blog can help some people struggling with the same issue.

To help you a bit more I’ve developed an application to test the connection to your Crm Service. If like to have a copy please download it form here:

https://crmserviceconnection.codeplex.com/

Advertisements