SharePoint 2013 – PowerShell – New-SPSite : User cannot be found.

My Problem

An annoying error today when I tried to run New-SPSite. It had worked all day and then suddenly I got this:

New-SPSite : User cannot be found.

I wasn’t sure what PowerShell was complaining about as it had worked all the time. Something must be wrong with the account supplied in the -Owner option of the New-SPSite ,,,, No that wasn’t it.

 

<h1>Your Solution</h1>

As always the solution was simple.

I had restarted my PowerShell ISE and hadn’t started it to run as administrator and therefore the user causing the problem was my own account. Once I ran the ISE as administrator (RMB -> Run as administrator) and all worked fine again. phew!

Advertisements

Please leave a comment or feedback

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.