Silverlight – REST API – Security Error

My Problem

Today I tried to access a SharePoint REST API from my Silverlight Web Part and I got a Security Error. I quite quickly got a great article describing all about the clientaccesspolicy.xml, but it was still not working.

Your Solution

Then I tried in my browser to go to http://myurl.mydomain.local/clientaccesspolicy.xml and I found that a previous version was being displayed in my browser. I did an IISReset, but this file didn’t want to be updated. I cleared the browser cache and my file got updated. Quite annoying … browser caching.

Advertisements

One thought on “Silverlight – REST API – Security Error

  1. Browser caching definitely can get pretty annoying. I usually find whenever I’m testing anything SharePoint related I’m always popping it open in a private window/tab. That way caching isn’t persistent between sessions. Though this is also probably because I test lots of authentication related scenarios, so this is a very easy way to keep from having to clear out those pesky cookies all of the time.

    Like

Leave a Reply to jefferyland Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.