This week the following features are new in Office 365
9 February 2016
Office 365 Deferred Channel for Office 2016
The February release of the Office 365 Deferred Channel for Office 2016 (previously known as Current Branch for Business) is now available. The Admin Center is now updated to give you the ability to choose the update channel for new installations from the user’s Home Page and Software Download Page.
Do the following to confirm the correct update channel for licensed users:
1. Sign into the Admin Center at https://portal.office.com/Admin/Default.aspx.
2. Click on “Service Settings”
3. Click “User software” to adjust the version and branch default settings and options.
12 February 2016
- Office 365 Groups: files quota management is a new Office 365 feature.
- Office 365 Groups: dynamic membership is a new Office 365 feature.
files quota management
Today, Office 365 Groups files consume from your organization’s SharePoint shared storage quota; team sites and groups share the same available capacity. You now have the ability to set quotas on groups’ underlying sites to help manage the consumption of shared storage by Office 365 Groups’ files.
Administrators can now create groups with rule-based memberships using the Azure Management Portal. Group membership is updated within a minute as users’ properties change. This allows easy management for larger groups, or the creation of groups that always reflect the organization’s structure.