I’ve created multiple scripts to replicate my whole intranet from one tenant to another. I’ve set this all up in such a way that this would work for any intranet solution based on Office 365 or SharePoint on-premises solutions.
Big advantages of this solution:
- It can handle multiple pages, unlike PnP out of the box
- It can handle complex combinations of look-up fields and lookup lists
- One click for
- Reading all templates form a whole tenant
- Updating a whole tenant wiht the set of templates
- both reading templates and applying them
- An option to disable/enable features
- Fixing template issues in between getting the templates and applying them without any user intervention such as:
- Updating security setting (usernames in different domains)
- Fixing templates with mixes of team sites and publishing sites
- Switching between latest and older versions of PnP PowerShell
- Migrating simple data in lists ( e.g. lookup lists)
- Handle external lists
- Migrate from On-Premises to Office 365
- … you name what you would like to add to this list
So this isn’t just about provisioning a solution, it is also about replicating your solutions between Development, Test and Production.
Are you interested in this solution then please leave a comment below.