In my adventures with the new web parts I ran into the following error when I added my web part to a page:

Something went wrong

If the problem persists, contact the site administrator and give them the information in Technical Details.

***ERROR MESSAGE: ***Failed to load component “4fb1a04a-1d7e-4683-8046-de1646f94fb0” (MyClientSideWebPartWebPart). Original error: ***Failed to load URL ‘https://myclientsidewebpart.azureedge.net/my-client-side-webpart/myclientsidewebpart-myclientsidewebpartstrings_en-us_536e65149b0acf4d52c0043073b9fc59.js&#8217; for resource ‘myClientSideWebPartStrings’ in component ‘4fb1a04a-1d7e-4683-8046-de1646f94fb0’ (MyClientSideWebPartWebPart). There was a network problem. This may be a problem with a HTTPS certificate. Make sure you have the right certificate. ***CALLSTACK: i/<@https://spoprod-a.akamaihd.net/files/sp-client-prod_2017-04-28.005/sppages-assembly_en-us_03284083c09713dfb7fbb719a51b09de.js:144:54695

As always a very helpful error message.

Within my write-manifests.json file and my deploy-azure-storage I used the following two lines:

“cdnBasePath”: “https://myclientsidewebpart.azureedge.net/my-client-side-webpart/&#8221;

“container”: “my-client-side-webpart”
While in Azure I created a container with the name myclientsidewebpart
The annoying thing is that rather than giving me error messages during the provisioning stage, a new container is created within Azure

Note that the access type is Blob rather than Container!

All I had to do was match everything up and my web part appeared nicely:

 

 

So rather than

“container”: “my-client-side-webpart”

I had to go for

“container”: “myclientsidewebpart”

Advertisements