Today I tried to update a field that contains a URL field (AKA Hyperlink or Picture). To update these kind of field you would normally have to set the field to

https://veenstra.me.uk, SharePains

It’s always important not to forget the space after the comma, however when I tried this with Microsoft Flow this construction doesn’t seem to work. I simply got the the text in my url field.

Then I decided to investigate this a bit further and  I built a Flow that reads my list item after I manually edited the Url and the description of my hyperlink. Then I set a variable to the value of my hyperlink and finally I update my list item again.

Once this runs I noticed that I lost my description of the hyperlink. It looks like both the Get Item and the update Items ignore the hyperlink descriptions.

 

Further details can also be found on the community forum.

 

Advertisements