Microsoft Flow – Update a Hyperlink or Picture field

When you use flow to update list items it is  quite easy to update test fields, however one of the issues I ran into today was to update a picture column.

 

As part of my flow that collects the updates for the available Microsoft Flow connectors, I’m creating list items.

 

Unfortunately the Update item or Create Item actions do not show the picture columns. I managed to create a text field but that will just show up as the url of the hyperlink. I my case I want the icons to appear instead.

As so often the Send HTTP request to SharePoint comes to the rescue.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Microsoft Flow – Update a Hyperlink or Picture field

  1. Hi,

    Would you be able to explain more how you achieve this?

    I’m working on a project that requires updating a sharepoint list picture column data from Powerapps or Microsoft Flow. We are using SPO O365.

    Like

  2. This is exactly what I was looking for. I do not know much JSON and I get an error “Not well formatted JSON stream.”

    I am typing in the Body section of the HTTP action exactly as was posted on this page. What am I missing or doing wrong?

    In the flow history log it shows this HTTP call:

    {‘__metadata’:{‘type’:’SP.Data.ConnectorsListItem’}.’Icon’:
    { ‘Description’: ‘Icon’,
    ‘Url’: ‘(here it shows PNG non-text output)’
    }
    }

    Do I have to change “icon” to the name of one of my columns?

    Like

  3. Okay, I sent you some screenshots. I fixed the first error but encountered another.

    The ‘not well formatted JSON’ error was probably caused by the Headers not being correct. In your screen shot, there was not a line between 2 of the headers, butit seems that there should be.

    Like

  4. I have an attachment column contains a url of an image. (this has been created by the attachment control of powerapps) and I want to update the picture type column with the url in the attachment. how can this be done?

    Like

  5. I fixed my original ‘not well formatted JSON’ error by fixing the headers (there should be lines in between, even though they do not appear in the screenshots), but encountered another problem. The new error is, “A type named ‘SP.Data.ConnectorsListItem’ could not be resolved by the model. When a model is available, each type name must resolve to a valid type.”

    To simplify the testing, I removed the addition of the icon and focused only on updating the Summary.

    {‘__metadata’:{‘type’:’SP.Data.ConnectorsListItem’},
    ‘Summary’: “This test worked”
    }

    Like

Please leave a comment or feedback

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.