SharePoint 2013 – Connecting SharePoint 2013 to AS400 using iSeries drivers and the Business Connectivity Service

Connecting SharePoint to AS400 To connect SharePoint 2013 with data on an AS400 there are two options available: 1. Connect your BDC to the AS400 system by creating an ODBC connection on your SharePoint servers and then specifying the ODBC DSN in the connection details. 2. On the SQL Server link  create a linked server … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 – Connecting SharePoint 2013 to AS400 using iSeries drivers and the Business Connectivity Service

SharePoint 2013 – Memory gates checking failed because of the free memory

Today I tried to access a list through the REST API. The url that I used is: http://intranet.mycomp.co.uk/pa/legal/test_3/_api/Web/Lists/GetByTitle('Documents') When opening the above URL in my browser I got a HTTP 500 error. The ULS logs showed the following error: Application error when access /_vti_bin/client.svc, Error=Memory gates checking failed because the free memory (207630336 bytes) is … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 – Memory gates checking failed because of the free memory

SharePoint 2013 – Never Ending Continuous Crawl

Today I had an issue where a full crawl would take forever. First thought was to add an extra Search Server and to split Query and Crawling components. Once the new server was added to the farm I added the crawl component to the new server: The only option to do this is PowerShell:   $ssa … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 – Never Ending Continuous Crawl

SharePoint 2013 – Exception calling “SystemUpdate” with “0” argument(s): “The file has been modified by DOMAIN\Username on “

I'm trying to update some items in a list and I'm using systemUpdate in my PowerShell to do the update so that workflows and event handlers aren't kicking off. $item.SystemUpdate() For some of the items I'm getting the following error: Exception calling "SystemUpdate" with "0" argument(s): "The file <filename> has been modified by DOMAIN\Username on … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 – Exception calling “SystemUpdate” with “0” argument(s): “The file has been modified by DOMAIN\Username on “

SharePoint 2013 – Update an External Data field using PowerShell

Update an External Data field using PowerShell The situation is as follows. I have created an external list (using BDC/BCS in SharePoint 2013). My external list is called "External Users" and I have a normal custom list (Called "Custom List") with an External Data (Called "External User") field taking it's data form the External List. … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 – Update an External Data field using PowerShell