Office 365 – Making the title field sortable in Content Search and Search Results web parts

I'm not going to introduce the Search web parts in SharePoint in this article. I'm sure there are plenty of articles about that. Today I'm looking at the managed properties in Office 365 as this is something that is different form the on-premises equivalent. Out of the box the managed property for Title doesn't have sortable set … Continue reading Office 365 – Making the title field sortable in Content Search and Search Results web parts

Advertisements

Office 365 – SharePoint – Content Search web part not displaying any data on E1 plan

Today a bit of a strange issue. I've got a Content Search web part with custom display templates. I've split my Control and  Item display templates into separate folders. My web parts are all working fine except for on one sub site. For the working pages using the search results web part I'm seeing the following … Continue reading Office 365 – SharePoint – Content Search web part not displaying any data on E1 plan

Office 365 – Crawling User Profiles in SharePoint Online

Looking at articles like Chris O'Brien's and the answers from Microsoft I'm worrying about any search queries related to user profiles in SharePoint Online. Of course changes might take a while to come through but after 15 minutes continuous crawls should pick up changes in my data. So I made a couple of changes at 8:02pm this … Continue reading Office 365 – Crawling User Profiles in SharePoint Online